Saturday 22 April 2017

Extended Practice: Creating Textures

For the particles to emit from the girl character I had to create a texture that has a white beam running across the UVs. I'll also need to create two more textures, one that will make the girl character disappear, and the other is to make the robot character appear. These two textures are basically white and black blocks covering the UV maps of the characters.

 For the emittion beam texture I had to create multiple beams that ran across the UV map of the girl character. I created this in After Effects using the beam effect and I used levels to sharpen the the beam. I also added in a noise effect called 'fractal noise', this made the edges of the the beam look rough just so that when the particles are emitted from this beam they don't emit in unison.


Moving on to the disappearing effect of the girl character, I did this by covering up the UV map using black boxes because black will translate as being transparent and so will make the girl character disappear. To do this I used the masking tool in After Effects and went over the UVs with the masks to reveal the black box hiding the UVs.


Finally for the appearing effect of the robot character I did that same thing as above, however I changed the colours round so instead of the black boxed appearing over the UV map it was the white boxes appearing. This way the robot could appear as the girl character disappeared. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment